Together we can eliminate HIV/AIDS in Paraguay.
The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) attacks the body’s immune system. There are no symptoms until after the immune system has been compromised, at which point it becomes Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). With a compromised immune system, the body is susceptible to many diseases like diarrhea, pneumonia, meningitis, herpes, etc.
HIV is detected though the free ELISA analysis, a service of the Health Ministry and PRONASIDA
AIDS is not contagious…it is transmitted:
1. Through sexual relations with infected persons
2. Through blood – transfusions and contaminated syringes
3. From mother to child – This can be prevented! It is important that every pregnant woman gets the ELISA analysis
How is it NOT transmitted?
There is no danger in touching, hugging, or kissing a person with HIV, sharing utensils, bathrooms, or through insect bites.
The only option that is 100% secure in order to avoid being infected with HIV is ABSTINENCE AND MARITAL FAITHFULNESS.
This leads to a life that is:
1. Free of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases
2. Free of unwanted pregnancies
3. Free to be enjoyed, with confidence in marriage
Two challenges for you:
1. To not discriminate against a person with HIV! When others insult them, speak with respect. If others run away, give them a hand and help them out. You can make the difference!
2. Think differently about sex! Decide to wait with all sexual relations until marriage and stay faithful to your spouse.
Look to God, who wants to fill your life with His love and peace…